6 Week Art Therapy Intensive
What if you could use your creativity and 5 minutes a day to be happier? Would you do it? Would you commit to at least 30 minutes each day to be happier?
I think you would. I know how much these techniques have helped me over the years so I’ve developed a 6 week intensive art therapy program connecting art and neuroscience to increase your happiness. The group will meet for 5 weekly experiential sessions and a concluding group session on the 6th week. The methods are a combination of art therapy and neuroscience based on research about our ability to change our brain, to reduce our stress and anxiety, and increase our self-awareness and mindfulness, which all leads to increased happiness.
Each week, for 5 weeks, you will receive an art therapy experiential that you will be invited to repeat each day for at least 5 minutes. The weeks build on each other so by the time you get the sixth lesson, you will be practicing these techniques for a minimum of 30 minutes each day. On the 6th week we will meet for a conclusion of the program to discuss the benefits and share our experiences with each other. (Tea and snacks will be provided in studio groups).
This IS for you if:
* you are committed to making changes – at least 30 minutes each day
* you are serious about creating more happiness in your life
* you understand that you need to do the work and you’re excited about it!
This is NOT for you if:
* you expect a quick fix
* you only want to work on your well-being once per week
* you can not commit at least 30 minutes each day
The program at a glance:
1. Mandala : daily art – why is it important? Learn to create your own mandala
2. Gratitude : how can an attitude of gratitude benefit us? Create your own gratitude journal
3. Mindfulness : how does being mindful affect our brain? Visually express what you can and can’t control
4. Meditation : what are the benefits of meditation? Including a personal music playlist
5. Self-Affirmation : can self-affirmations help us succeed? Design your own personal affirmations
6. Conclusion : On the 6th week we will meet for a conclusion of the program to discuss the benefits and share our experiences with each other.
Cost: $210 in studio – weekly meetings starting Wednesday – To Be Determined – at 6-7pm
Materials provided – minimum 5 participants and maximum 10 participants
Location: Mindful Art Center – 12886 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48150 – 734-502-7920
Registration Open for July-August Intensive
Online cost: $180 – weekly lessons emailed to you starting Wednesday September 7, 2016